Thanks to your generous support, we can continue to protect dogs, cats and other animals in Parke and Vermillion County. Your donations are used to help stop animal cruelty, support rescue efforts, fund spay/neuter initiatives and shelter the many lost, homeless and abandoned animals we take in each year. PVCHS is a 501(c)3 charity; all donations are tax-deductible. There are a variety of ways to donate to the Parke-Vermillion County Humane Society.
Ways to Give:
Register your Kroger Card
If you shop at Kroger register your card so that our shelter can benefit through your everyday shopping! It's easy, only takes a few minutes, and we receive a portion of all purchases through their Kroger Community Rewards while you still receive all of your discounts for using the card in the store.
If you would like to register your Kroger card, please click on the logo shown above!
Donate a Kuranda Dog Bed
We sleep on the FLOOR no more if YOU will Donate a Kuranda Dog Bed
Our dogs love to sleep on Kuranda Dog beds, but we don’t have enough for everyone.
If you would like to donate a bed at a special wholesale price so that another dog can sleep in comfort, please click on the photo shown above!
- Checks can be mailed to PVCHS, PO Box 293, Newport, Indiana 47966. Cash donations can be dropped off at the shelter building which is located at 1884 S. St. Rd. 63, Hillsdale, Indiana 47854.
- On-line Donations - You can make an on-line donation any time using Paypal. It is not necessary for you to have your own Paypal account. Donations can be made using your debit card or a major credit card. To make a contribution, click the 'Donate' icon located below. Please include a brief comment with your donation. For example - "Please use toward having pets spayed or neutered".
- Become a sponsor - Adopting a dog or cat is not the only way to save a life. You can become a sponsor and donate to help us find adoptive families or donate the cost of having a pet spayed or neutered to help get that pet ready for adoption.
- Monthly - Monthly donations or workplace campaigns ensure that we can budget for special programs, subsidize spay/neuter initiatives and educational programs.
- Major/ Planned - If you would like to invest in the future of the Society, you may make a Major or Planned donation, such as endowments, wills and trusts, gift annuities (e.g. bonds, certificates, stocks), insurance beneficiaries. Contact the Parke County Community Foundation at (765) 569-7223 or the Western Indiana Community Foundation at (765) 793-0702 for more information.
- Memorial - Making a donation to PVCHS is a heartfelt way to honor the memory of a special pet or person. This meaningful gesture will keep the spirit of a lost loved one alive, while helping all animals. Please include a brief comment with your donation. For example - "In memory of my dog who recently passed". If you are donating in memory of a specific person, please give their full name or name of family so we can let them know of your thoughtful gift.
- Contributions from family or Corporate foundations provide much-appreciated general operating support, while other foundations ask that their gifts be restricted to specific programs that match the interests of their donors and trustees. If you are interested in setting up a Foundation Gift, contact the Parke County Community Foundation at (765) 569-7223 or the Western Indiana Community Foundation at (765) 793-0702 for more information.
- Gift Donation - PVCHS is always in need of items to maintain our facility and to help us better look after the animals in our care. We are currently in need of large stainless steel food and water bowls, outdoor kennels/doghouses, large plastic pet carriers, multi-tier stainless steel pet cages for our isolation room, and as always, donations of money towards food purchases are greatly needed.
- Membership - PVCHS members are a key source for general operating support. See Membership Tab.
- Individual - $5 and up
- Sponsor - $25 and up
- Sustaining - $100 and up
- Patron - $500 or more
Would you like to help? Any amount will be greatly appreciated. The Parke-Vermillion County Humane Society is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Donations are tax deductible.
Please donate today.